How To: Increase Your Energy
From my experience with people, I can pinpoint three reasons for lack of energy:
1. Lack of sleep
3. The wrong food for fuel
How can you sleep peacefully?
1. Turn off the TV and computer before bed to rest the brain.
2. Do not drink coffee or caffeinated beverages before bed.
3. I would eat turkey, dark meat in chicken-they contain Tryptophan, which creates transmitters for sleep (a handful of sunflower seeds have 500 mg of Tryptophan).
4. You could have a fan blow gently on you to stimulate the hairs on your face –this, as well as noise from the fan, will slow your nervous system down.
5. If you have leg cramps, try 500 mg of calcium.
6. Check your medications
7. Drink water! Fill a non-BPA bottle and drink it through the day.
8. Cut back and/or eliminate soda and sugary coffee drinks
9. Add some Celtic Sea Salt to your water and food.
The Correct Fuel:
1. Journal your food for two weeks, plot when you are tired, and compare to what you are eating.
2. Do not start your day with a pastry. It creates a roller coaster all day long.
3. SWAP (Start With A Protein) carrots, almond butter, pumpkin seed protein
4. Have a hard-boiled egg or celery at 10 am-think of Food as Fuel
5. Have a mixed, slow burn salad at lunch with protein (sliced turkey or chicken).
6. At 2:30 pm, I would have a slice of apple and walnuts.
7. For dinner, either chicken or turkey, both of which are easy to digest.
8. I would suggest an herbal tea at 8 pm to relax and slow down the brain. You’ll be glad you did!
If you have any general health questions about this article, please email askdrbob at druglessdoctor dot com, or schedule a consultation with Dr. Bob.