Simple Steps to Stop Taking Medication
I had a patient recently who was over sixty-five and had been on antidepressants most of his life. He wanted to stop taking them immediately. The reason why he is adamant, is his insurance changed and the new plan will not pay for the medication. If this is measurement it takes, do you honestly think the new “health plan” for America is going to be successful?
Anyway, this gentleman has been addicted to sugar his entire life. He told me he traveled a lot and never really ate well. I am not sure where we have missed it in America, that thinking food does not affect our actual health. I had a much younger person with emotional challenges taking antidepressants with the same results. It is not easy to get off medication. I do not recommend quitting cold turkey, rather, follow this strategy:
– Stop eating sugar
– Exercise everyday
– Do not eat sweet fruits
– Take one tablespoon of flax oil per one hundred pounds
– Stop drinking alcohol
– Purchase Celtic Sea Salt, and use it liberally
– Have your thyroid tested. If you do not have a family physician, we can send you a Bloodspot kit, and have your TSH, T3, and T4 levels tested. Low thyroid function is a leading factor in depression.
– Focus on eating foods in the mid-glycemic range; you can read about that in “Dr. Bob’s Drugless Guide to Balancing Female Hormones”. Please note, I cannot tell you to go off your medication, but this is a beginning blueprint for you.
If you have any general health questions about this article, please email askdrbob at druglessdoctor dot com, or schedule a consultation with Dr. Bob.
- “Get to Know” Anastomosis
- Are Prescription Medications Worth The Risk?
- Aspire to be Pain-Free
- Aspirin Causes Pain
- Have A Broken Bone? Don’t Take Pain Medication.
- Help Your Kids Get Off Medication!
- Simple Steps to Stop Taking Medication
- The Next Health Epidemic
- What Causes Pain?
- What Is Your Cholesterol Number?