With every season comes new nutrition needs for your body. I have many patients and worldwide clients who are experiencing body signals that they never before have had due to the extreme variations of temperature and conditions. Here are a few examples of some common conditions along with my recommended protocol:
- Cramping while walking and sleeping indicates a need for minerals. Muscles and tissues will cramp when you are sweating and not hydrating. We use Celtic Sea Salt™ and Multi Minsfrom Biotics Research Corp.
- Dizziness and nausea can be as a result of mineral deficiencies from sweating which can impact digestion. Spending time outdoors with extreme profuse sweating depletes minerals. I recommend ¼ teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt™ in 20 to 24 ounces of water.
- Headaches from over sun exposure, or any type of overexposure to sun, will deplete the body of calcium. Calcium depletes the body of Essential Fatty Acids via a mechanism where the fats are used to take the calcium to the skin. “Leathery” skin is a result of inadequate calcium and EFA’s. Try Ca/Mg Zyme and Optimal EFA’s for a fat source.
- If mosquitoes are attacking you increase your Bio B 100’s; up to six a day.
- Poison Ivy is common with sun exposure; try Ca/Mg Zyme; six daily on an empty stomach
The summer should be a fun, enjoyable season. I suggest each of you add at least 1/4th of a teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt™ to your water for the remainder of the season. Some individuals like to wear sunglasses as a part of their fashion accessories. However, if you need to wear sunglasses to avoid the brightness, you more than likely have a need for Adrenal Support – try ADB5 up to four a day. Take two when you get up and two at noon.