Dr. Bob’s Almond Yogurt Squares (Strawberry)
Ingredients & Prep:
Line an 8×8 in. brownie-type pan with parchment paper. This makes it easy to cut and remove the bars.
– Prepare two cups of either a gluten-free granola or Ezekiel 4:19 cereal.
– Mix with about three tablespoons of butter and about 1/2 cup of sweetener. I use brown rice syrup or pear sweet.
– After mixing well, mold the cereal mixture into the bottom of pan-set aside.
– With a blender-you can use blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries-and blend about two cups of fruit with three cups of almond milk yogurt. Plain is the best with no added ingredients.
– I also use about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of brown rice syrup or pear sweet; start with a 1/2 cup and check for sweetness before you pour into pan. Also add about 1 to 2 tsp. of vanilla-to taste. Pour into the 8-inch pan on top of the cereal mixture.
I put wax paper on top and let freeze about three hours. Take out of freezer and remove by the parchment the square from the pan. Cut the dessert into squares. I then refreeze until time for serving. Take out about ten minutes before the actual serving time-gives a creamier texture for eating-Enjoy!