Dr. Bob’s Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Note: Debbie DeMaria cuts her apples round (halved) and sweet potatoes, then alternates in a 9×11″ pan.
3 lbs. orange-fleshed sweet potatoes (about three large), peeled, cut crosswise into 1/4″ thick rounds
1 3/4 lbs. Gala apples, peeled, halved, cored, cut into 1/4″ thick slices
3/4- cup pure maple syrup
1/4- cup apple cider
1/4- cup organic, unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1/2- teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
Preheat over to 375. In 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish, alternate potato and apple slices in rows, packing tightly. Combine remaining ingredients in heavy medium saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Pour hot syrup over potatoes and apples. Cover dish tightly and bake one hour. Uncover casserole. (Can be prepared three hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, basting occasionally with pan juices).
Reduce temperature to 350. Bake until potatoes and apples are tender and syrup is reduced to thick glaze, basting occasionally, about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad
- Dr. Bob’s Holiday Recipes
- Dr. Bob’s Chestnut Dressing
- Dr. Bob’s Easter Spritz Cookies
- Dr. Bob’s Fingerling Potatoes
- Dr. Bob’s Herb Roasted Turkey
- Dr. Bob’s Lamb Roast
- Dr. Bob’s Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Dr. Bob’s Mashed Potatoes
- Dr. Bob’s Sweet Potato Cakes