Dr. Bob’s Mashed Potatoes
Everyone’s favorite dish made with unsweetened rice or coconut milk and creamed butter. The chives add the Dr. Bob touch.
5 medium (about two pounds) white potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
1-cup unsweetened rice or coconut milk
1-tablespoon snipped fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried
Celtic Sea Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Note: Debbie loves using Yukon Gold potatoes in this recipe!
Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling, salted water for fifteen to twenty minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to the saucepan and add the milk and butter. Mash with a rotary mixer or a potato masher until smooth. Add the chives and season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes four to six servings.
- Cranberry Walnut Chickpea Salad
- Dr. Bob’s Holiday Recipes
- Dr. Bob’s Chestnut Dressing
- Dr. Bob’s Easter Spritz Cookies
- Dr. Bob’s Fingerling Potatoes
- Dr. Bob’s Herb Roasted Turkey
- Dr. Bob’s Lamb Roast
- Dr. Bob’s Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Apples
- Dr. Bob’s Mashed Potatoes
- Dr. Bob’s Sweet Potato Cakes